Team Anna seeks justice for slain IPS officer
New Delhi: Team Anna will launch a three-day
fast in Bhopal tomorrow demanding justice for IPS officer
Narender Kumar, who was killed by the mining mafia, and
passing of a strong law to protect whistle blowers.
The activists also asked Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan to immediately pass the Jan Lokayukta
Bill in the state on the lines of the one enacted in
"Indians won’t be mute spectators to this political
`tamasha` this time round. Team Anna and thousands of Indians
will organize a 3-day fast and protest in Bhopal to pay
tribute to Narendra Kumar and demand a stronger law for the
whistle-blowers," a statement said.
It said the killing of the 2009-batch IPS officer by the
mining mafia seems to be caught in the quagmire of political
accusations between the Congress and the ruling BJP.
"Team Anna believes that the political parties are
deliberately raking up the war of words for two reasons -- to
scuttle justice to the family of the brave-heart who single
handedly took over the mafia patronised by politicians and
keep the much needed stringent whistle-blowers protection law
as propounded in the Jan Lok Pal bill in cold storage," it
While the family of the officer has demanded a CBI probe,
it said, the government has so far denied one and has settled
for a judicial probe. His family has also questioned the
statements made by the gunner and driver of Narender
indicating that there is more than what meets the eye.
It said the killing brings to fore the need for a strong
whistle-blowers system under control on Jan Lokpal and Jan
"If the Janlok Pal would have been implemented justice in
Kumar`s death as sought by his family and the entire nation
would not remain elusive like in the case of other deaths of
similar nature that have taken place in the past," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda