‘Theft of passengers` luggage rising in Delhi`
New Delhi: The number of cases of theft of
passengers` luggage at the IGI airport has increased to 25 this year compared to 16 last year, Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi informed the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
"The reasons for increased incidents of theft and their
magnitude vary depending upon the situation and their places
of occurrence," he said in a written reply.
To prevent such incidents, the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) has suggested installation of close-circuit
televisions, which are monitored by the Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF).
"The CISF has also deployed their surveillance personnel
in plain clothes to keep a tab on the activities of suspicious
persons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery