‘Theft of passengers` luggage rising in Delhi`
New Delhi: The number of cases of theft of
passengers` luggage at the IGI airport has increased to 25 this year compared to 16 last year, Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi informed the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
"The reasons for increased incidents of theft and their
magnitude vary depending upon the situation and their places
of occurrence," he said in a written reply.
To prevent such incidents, the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) has suggested installation of close-circuit
televisions, which are monitored by the Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF).
"The CISF has also deployed their surveillance personnel
in plain clothes to keep a tab on the activities of suspicious
persons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores