‘Theft of passengers` luggage rising in Delhi`
New Delhi: The number of cases of theft of
passengers` luggage at the IGI airport has increased to 25 this year compared to 16 last year, Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi informed the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
"The reasons for increased incidents of theft and their
magnitude vary depending upon the situation and their places
of occurrence," he said in a written reply.
To prevent such incidents, the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) has suggested installation of close-circuit
televisions, which are monitored by the Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF).
"The CISF has also deployed their surveillance personnel
in plain clothes to keep a tab on the activities of suspicious
persons," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'