‘Theft of passengers` luggage rising in Delhi`
New Delhi: The number of cases of theft of
passengers` luggage at the IGI airport has increased to 25 this year compared to 16 last year, Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi informed the Lok Sabha Wednesday.
"The reasons for increased incidents of theft and their
magnitude vary depending upon the situation and their places
of occurrence," he said in a written reply.
To prevent such incidents, the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) has suggested installation of close-circuit
televisions, which are monitored by the Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF).
"The CISF has also deployed their surveillance personnel
in plain clothes to keep a tab on the activities of suspicious
persons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi