Three-day kite fest to begin in Delhi Friday
New Delhi: A three-day international kite festival beginning Friday will promote cultural tourism in Delhi and showcase the city`s heritage, officials said Thursday.
The third edition of the "Delhi International Kite Festival" will be held Jan 24-26 at the Golden Jubilee Park near the Old Yamuna bridge and will be inaugurated by Tourism Minister Somnath Bharti, said a statement by Delhi Tourism.
"The three-day event will create a riot of colours in the sky. Professional kite-flying experts from across India and the world will take part in this year`s festival which will be held between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily," the statement said.
The highlights of the festival will be kite trails where over 100 kites will be tied back-to-back on a long string and flown, night kite-flying where LED lights would be attached to kites as well as a kite-making competition for children.
Cultural programmes would also be held every evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed