Three-day kite fest to begin in Delhi Friday
New Delhi: A three-day international kite festival beginning Friday will promote cultural tourism in Delhi and showcase the city`s heritage, officials said Thursday.
The third edition of the "Delhi International Kite Festival" will be held Jan 24-26 at the Golden Jubilee Park near the Old Yamuna bridge and will be inaugurated by Tourism Minister Somnath Bharti, said a statement by Delhi Tourism.
"The three-day event will create a riot of colours in the sky. Professional kite-flying experts from across India and the world will take part in this year`s festival which will be held between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily," the statement said.
The highlights of the festival will be kite trails where over 100 kites will be tied back-to-back on a long string and flown, night kite-flying where LED lights would be attached to kites as well as a kite-making competition for children.
Cultural programmes would also be held every evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque