Three-day kite fest to begin in Delhi Friday
New Delhi: A three-day international kite festival beginning Friday will promote cultural tourism in Delhi and showcase the city`s heritage, officials said Thursday.
The third edition of the "Delhi International Kite Festival" will be held Jan 24-26 at the Golden Jubilee Park near the Old Yamuna bridge and will be inaugurated by Tourism Minister Somnath Bharti, said a statement by Delhi Tourism.
"The three-day event will create a riot of colours in the sky. Professional kite-flying experts from across India and the world will take part in this year`s festival which will be held between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily," the statement said.
The highlights of the festival will be kite trails where over 100 kites will be tied back-to-back on a long string and flown, night kite-flying where LED lights would be attached to kites as well as a kite-making competition for children.
Cultural programmes would also be held every evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price