Three Delhi cops punished for assaulting four
New Delhi: Three Delhi Police personnel were punished Tuesday and sent to police line for assaulting four people arrested a day before for involvement in a fight between two groups, said police.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Manoj Kumar and two constables identified as Mohit Kumar and Paramveer deputed at RK Puram police station in south Delhi were sent to police lines and a departmental inquiry has been ordered against them.
"The policemen were punished for badly beating up four people, who were arrested Sunday night during a fight between two groups residing in Ekta Vihar in south Delhi," said a police official.
The victims have been identified as Pradeep, Saleem, Noni and Sajan, all in their early 20s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption