Three Delhi cops punished for assaulting four
New Delhi: Three Delhi Police personnel were punished Tuesday and sent to police line for assaulting four people arrested a day before for involvement in a fight between two groups, said police.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Manoj Kumar and two constables identified as Mohit Kumar and Paramveer deputed at RK Puram police station in south Delhi were sent to police lines and a departmental inquiry has been ordered against them.
"The policemen were punished for badly beating up four people, who were arrested Sunday night during a fight between two groups residing in Ekta Vihar in south Delhi," said a police official.
The victims have been identified as Pradeep, Saleem, Noni and Sajan, all in their early 20s.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?