Tight security, close vigil in Delhi during festive season
New Delhi: The government has made elaborate security arrangements, including deployment of paramilitary forces and close monitoring of vital institutions, to ensure safety of residents in the national capital during the festive season.
According to reports, Delhi Police has taken seriously the inputs received from the intelligence agencies about possible attempts by terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) to disrupt peace and order during the festival season in the national capital and other areas.
Consequently, twenty companies of Delhi Police from reserved battalions and 18 companies of paramilitary forces have been set to the task of guarding the Dussehra grounds, markets, railway stations, bus stands and other important buildings and institutions.
"Around 25,000 police personnel, including also paramilitary jawans, would be deployed on city roads," a senior police officer told reporters.
Early this month, Delhi Police arrested four suspected terrorists who were planning attacks in the national capital, during the festive season. Senior police officers of each district have been asked to maintain vigil during the festivities, the police officer said.
"There will be an adequately large contingent of personnel in the central and north districts," said Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police.
Three companies of Delhi Police have been deployed in different Dussehra grounds, Hassan said.
"CCTV cameras have been installed at Dussehra grounds. A small number of mounted police will also be used during the function," an officer said.
"Delhi Police are ready, and security measures are in place for Dussehra and other festivities," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next