Tight security, close vigil in Delhi during festive season
New Delhi: The government has made elaborate security arrangements, including deployment of paramilitary forces and close monitoring of vital institutions, to ensure safety of residents in the national capital during the festive season.
According to reports, Delhi Police has taken seriously the inputs received from the intelligence agencies about possible attempts by terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) to disrupt peace and order during the festival season in the national capital and other areas.
Consequently, twenty companies of Delhi Police from reserved battalions and 18 companies of paramilitary forces have been set to the task of guarding the Dussehra grounds, markets, railway stations, bus stands and other important buildings and institutions.
"Around 25,000 police personnel, including also paramilitary jawans, would be deployed on city roads," a senior police officer told reporters.
Early this month, Delhi Police arrested four suspected terrorists who were planning attacks in the national capital, during the festive season. Senior police officers of each district have been asked to maintain vigil during the festivities, the police officer said.
"There will be an adequately large contingent of personnel in the central and north districts," said Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police.
Three companies of Delhi Police have been deployed in different Dussehra grounds, Hassan said.
"CCTV cameras have been installed at Dussehra grounds. A small number of mounted police will also be used during the function," an officer said.
"Delhi Police are ready, and security measures are in place for Dussehra and other festivities," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced