Tight security, close vigil in Delhi during festive season
New Delhi: The government has made elaborate security arrangements, including deployment of paramilitary forces and close monitoring of vital institutions, to ensure safety of residents in the national capital during the festive season.
According to reports, Delhi Police has taken seriously the inputs received from the intelligence agencies about possible attempts by terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) to disrupt peace and order during the festival season in the national capital and other areas.
Consequently, twenty companies of Delhi Police from reserved battalions and 18 companies of paramilitary forces have been set to the task of guarding the Dussehra grounds, markets, railway stations, bus stands and other important buildings and institutions.
"Around 25,000 police personnel, including also paramilitary jawans, would be deployed on city roads," a senior police officer told reporters.
Early this month, Delhi Police arrested four suspected terrorists who were planning attacks in the national capital, during the festive season. Senior police officers of each district have been asked to maintain vigil during the festivities, the police officer said.
"There will be an adequately large contingent of personnel in the central and north districts," said Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police.
Three companies of Delhi Police have been deployed in different Dussehra grounds, Hassan said.
"CCTV cameras have been installed at Dussehra grounds. A small number of mounted police will also be used during the function," an officer said.
"Delhi Police are ready, and security measures are in place for Dussehra and other festivities," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash