Traders protest against extortion calls
Greater Noida: Hundreds of traders and industrialists on Wednesday held demonstration here to draw attention to the increasing number of extortion calls received by them even as police nabbed two extortionists.
Several traders and industrialists` associations gathered at Pari Chowk here and blocked traffic, alleging that over six persons had recently received extortion calls from criminals demanding ransom from them.
They claimed that each of them have been threatened to pay Rs 50 lakhs or else they will be killed.
While FIRs have been registered into the cases, the traders have alleged that police is not taking their complaints seriously. A claim denied by police.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Kumar and Deputy Superintendent of Police Alok Priyadarshi, who reached the demonstration site, assured the traders that they were investigating into the matter and informed them that two extortionists have been arrested.
The two arrested, identified as Bobby Rawal and Abrar, were arrested from Sigma crossing here.
Four country-made pistols, two guns, three mobile phones, 5 SIM cards, one motorcycle were recovered from them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!