Traders protest against extortion calls
Greater Noida: Hundreds of traders and industrialists on Wednesday held demonstration here to draw attention to the increasing number of extortion calls received by them even as police nabbed two extortionists.
Several traders and industrialists` associations gathered at Pari Chowk here and blocked traffic, alleging that over six persons had recently received extortion calls from criminals demanding ransom from them.
They claimed that each of them have been threatened to pay Rs 50 lakhs or else they will be killed.
While FIRs have been registered into the cases, the traders have alleged that police is not taking their complaints seriously. A claim denied by police.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Kumar and Deputy Superintendent of Police Alok Priyadarshi, who reached the demonstration site, assured the traders that they were investigating into the matter and informed them that two extortionists have been arrested.
The two arrested, identified as Bobby Rawal and Abrar, were arrested from Sigma crossing here.
Four country-made pistols, two guns, three mobile phones, 5 SIM cards, one motorcycle were recovered from them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!