Trio charged with culpable homicide bid acquitted
New Delhi: Three men facing trial in a case of attempt to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder have been let off by a Delhi court due to contradictions in testimonies of the complainant and a witness.
Extending the benefit of the doubt to accused Imranuddin, Samruddin and Shahabuddin, Additional Sessions Judge Narinder Kumar acquitted the trio as testimonies of the complainant and one of the witnesses were contradictory, while another witness had pleaded ignorance about the incident.
"When prosecution witness Mohd Mursaleen has not supported the case of the prosecution and the ocular account of Mohd Rahis (complainant) and Mohd Haroon (witness) are in contradiction... The accused persons are entitled to acquittal," the judge said.
The accused had been put on trial on charges of attempting to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder under Section 308 of the Indian Penal Code on Rahis` complaint.
Rahis had alleged Imranuddin and Shahabuddin, armed with rods, and Samaruddin wielding a sword had attacked him near a government school at Shadipur here on October 14, 2009 night, while he was on way back home. He was attacked by the trio due to some past enmity, he had added.
But the court let off the trio on account of differences in the versions of depositions of Rahis and witness Haroon.
"Rahis (has) stated that as a result of iron rod blow given by accused Shahabuddin on his leg, he fell down whereas Haroon (has) stated that as a result of the sword blow given by accused Samruddin, Rahis fell on the ground.
"A perusal of the statement of Rahis and Haroon would reveal they have made contradictory statements as to what led Rahis to fall on the ground," the court said, acquitting the trio.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents