Trio charged with culpable homicide bid acquitted
New Delhi: Three men facing trial in a case of attempt to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder have been let off by a Delhi court due to contradictions in testimonies of the complainant and a witness.
Extending the benefit of the doubt to accused Imranuddin, Samruddin and Shahabuddin, Additional Sessions Judge Narinder Kumar acquitted the trio as testimonies of the complainant and one of the witnesses were contradictory, while another witness had pleaded ignorance about the incident.
"When prosecution witness Mohd Mursaleen has not supported the case of the prosecution and the ocular account of Mohd Rahis (complainant) and Mohd Haroon (witness) are in contradiction... The accused persons are entitled to acquittal," the judge said.
The accused had been put on trial on charges of attempting to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder under Section 308 of the Indian Penal Code on Rahis` complaint.
Rahis had alleged Imranuddin and Shahabuddin, armed with rods, and Samaruddin wielding a sword had attacked him near a government school at Shadipur here on October 14, 2009 night, while he was on way back home. He was attacked by the trio due to some past enmity, he had added.
But the court let off the trio on account of differences in the versions of depositions of Rahis and witness Haroon.
"Rahis (has) stated that as a result of iron rod blow given by accused Shahabuddin on his leg, he fell down whereas Haroon (has) stated that as a result of the sword blow given by accused Samruddin, Rahis fell on the ground.
"A perusal of the statement of Rahis and Haroon would reveal they have made contradictory statements as to what led Rahis to fall on the ground," the court said, acquitting the trio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!