Two held for drug-peddling; 3.5 kg charas seized
New Delhi: Two persons allegedly involved in drug-peddling were arrested from separate areas of the city and about 3.5 kg of charas recovered from them, police said on Thursday.
A special team of Crime Branch arrested Ranjeet alias Paddi, 30, a resident of Mubarakpur village in Delhi and 25-year-old Abdul Salam, resident of Indira Enclave at Mubarakpur village, and recovered 3.450 kg of fine quality charas meant for supply in the city, police said.
Paddi was arrested near Rithala metro station in Rohini, on November 22 on specific input when he came with 2.7 kg of charas to deliver it to some local drug peddler or user, said S B S Tyagi, DCP Crime and Railways.
Later, police arrested another drug supplier Salam and recovered 750 gm of charas from his possession.
During interrogation, Salam said that he used to bring charas from a Nepal-based supplier near Indo-Nepal border at cheap rates to make easy money by supplying the same in Delhi at huge profit.
Salam said he used to carry narcotic substances in small luggage bags and travels in public transport vehicles. He used to put his bag at some distance from his seat and keeps watch over it. If the luggage gets checked in transit, he would not claim it and abandon the same to save himself from legal clutches, Tyagi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH