Two held for procuring credit cards at fake addresses
New Delhi: Two youths, who allegedly procured
credit cards including one of a senior Intelligence Bureau
(IB) official at fake addresses, were arrested here, police
The arrested were identified as Deepak Kumar (20), a
degree student through correspondence, and Monu (22), a
graduate, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West) N S
They were arrested on a complaint filed by Gopal
Krishnan, Assistant Director in Intelligence Bureau. Besides
Kumar and Monu, another person, Anoop, is also allegedly
involved in the case and absconding.
Krishnan approached police after City Bank informed him
that his credit card address has been changed. Though the
official informed the bank to cancel his application, the
accused managed to get the credit card issued in his name.
The accused used to work as field boys in ICICI Bank in
Karol Bagh in 2008. Their job was to collect documents from
clients for issuance of credit cards. They used to get Rs 200
per client from the bank once the card was issued.
"They used to track the issuance of card. In mid-2008, they left the job. Monu used to collect the photocopy of client details through other field boys and used to hand it over to Kumar," Bundela said.
Kumar allegedly used to create fake identity cards and
would send a request to the bank for change of address and
contact number. He also used to call customer care for the
status of credit card and urgent delivery of the same and will
obtain the details of the courier, he said.
"Kumar used to receive the credit card through courier and
Anoop used to get it swapped from various shops. They also
used to withdraw cash. They have admitted that they have
swapped cards worth around Rs ten lakh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic