Undertrial dies in Rohini jail
New Delhi: A 28-year-old undertrial prisoner
died after he was allegedly involved in a fight inside the
Rohini jail premises, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Raju was lodged in the jail
for the past 14 months for his alleged involvement in theft
and robbery cases.
"Prime facie it appears that the deceased got involved
in a fight with another prisoner as the other prisoner also
suffered injuries. A Metropolitan Magistrate inquiry is being
conducted in the matter," a jail official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack