Undertrial dies in Rohini jail
New Delhi: A 28-year-old undertrial prisoner
died after he was allegedly involved in a fight inside the
Rohini jail premises, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Raju was lodged in the jail
for the past 14 months for his alleged involvement in theft
and robbery cases.
"Prime facie it appears that the deceased got involved
in a fight with another prisoner as the other prisoner also
suffered injuries. A Metropolitan Magistrate inquiry is being
conducted in the matter," a jail official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested