Uphaar fire: Hearing against Ansals` adjourned
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday adjourned till
May 11 the hearing in a case involving Uphaar cinema hall
owners Sushil and Gopal Ansal, facing prosecution for
allegedly tampering with judicial records relating to case of
the 1997 fire which killed 59 cine goers.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Amit
Bansal adjourned the hearing as counsel for accused Sushil
Ansal was not present today. During the proceedings, the
counsel for prosecution advanced his arguments.
Delhi Police had earlier approached the court seeking
imposition of "conditions" for bail for the Ansal`s saying the
case pertains to offences of destruction of judicial records
and fabricating of false evidences and thus conditions were
required to be imposed on the accused.
Association of the Victims of Uphaar Tragedy (AVUT) said
that the matter has been adjourning continuously from past 10
dates of hearing and till now even the arguments on charges
have not began in the case.
Earlier, Ansals and four other accused -- Anoop Singh,
Prem Prakash Batra, Harswaroop Panwar and Dharamveer Malhotra
-- were granted bail in the case on furnishing of a personal
and surety bond of Rs one lakh each as a pre-condition.
The court, however, had not imposed the restrictive and
necessary conditions such as that they would not tamper with
the evidence and will not threaten the witnesses, on Ansals
and others while freeing them on bail.
Seventh accused Dinesh Chandra Sharma, a sacked record
keeper of the trial court, was also granted bail prior to the
six accused in the case.
Ansals, convicted and sentenced to one-year jail term in
the main Uphaar fire case, are accused of colluding with
others, including a court`s record keeper, in destroying
crucial judicial documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah