Victim relates about killings of husband, others in 1984 riots
New Delhi: A woman victim on Monday related before
a local court, which is trying senior Congress leader Sajjan
Kumar and others, the sequence of events leading to killings
of her husband and parents-in-law during the 1984 anti-Sikh
riots but said she had not seen the rioters including Kumar.
"On November two, 1984, in the morning, a mob of rioters
attacked our house... In the incident, my husband,
mother-in-law and father-in-law were killed. In the attack
that took place, the house was damaged in entirety and left
without roof," Jasbir Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge
She, however, said she did not witness the occurrence
personally and did not see the persons who were a part of the
Kaur was deposing as prosecution witness in the trial
against Kumar and four others.
The 52-year-old woman, who claimed to have resided at Raj
Nagar where the riots had taken place, also said she had
lodged a complaint about the death of her husband with Delhi
Cantt police station but did not know the fate of her
During her cross examination by Kumar`s counsel I U Khan,
the woman said "it is correct that I had stated in my
statement before CBI that I had not seen Sajjan Kumar, Member
of Parliament, involved in the riots in our area."
Kumar, along with four others, is facing trial for the
killing of five persons at Delhi Cantonment during the riots.
CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on
January 13 in the riot cases registered in 2005 on the
recommendation by G T Nanavati Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?