Voltage fluctuations slow down Metro blue line
New Delhi: Thousands of Delhi Metro commuters were hit Wednesday morning with voltage fluctuations forcing trains on the blue line to run at a restricted speed.
The 49-km blue line, the longest and the busiest in the Delhi Metro network, links Dwarka in west Delhi with Noida and Vaishali on the outskirts of the capital.
According to a Delhi Metro official, the trouble began at around 8.30 am "There was a voltage fluctuation problem due to which the trains were running at slower speed in blue line. The problem was sorted out in 15 minutes.
"Due to the delay there was bunching of trains so trains coming from Noida and Vaishali to Dwarka were slowed down."
He said regular announcements were made at stations about the technical problem and the running of trains.
Trains were bunched, with each coming after every 11 minutes or so.
"The crowd was too much," said an exhausted Rumu Banerjee, who boarded a packed train from Laxmi Nagar in east Delhi. "The compartment I was in was crammed as everyone wanted to get into the train."
Added Rohan Das, another commuter: "It took me an hour from Noida to Rajiv Chowk. The journey normally takes just 25 minutes."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents