Wanted public hanging for Ram Singh: Braveheart’s family
New Delhi: It is almost three months since he lost his sister; the pain remains in the hearts of the Delhi braveheart’s family but the overpowering emotion now is the resolve to see the accused punished.
Reacting to the news of the death of Ram Singh, the main accused in the December 16 gang-rape case, the braveheart’s brother said that he had wanted that all the accused including Ram Singh be hanged in public.
“Ram Singh knew that he will get death penalty, he know he would die so he did it (commit suicide). He might have also felt guilty…. Given the strong evidence against the accused, the trial will end by April…he should have been hanged in public,” he said.
“The rest of the accused should be prevented from committing suicide, they should be hanged.
Ram Singh, the main accused in the case committed suicide around 5.00 am in Tihar jail.
On Dec 16, 2012, a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist was brutally gang-raped by Ram Singh and his five associates in a moving bus in the capital city.
She died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital two weeks later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur