Where is women and child development minister: Jaya
New Delhi: The country is shocked over the incidents of rape in the country but Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath never spoke on this in parliament, Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan said Tuesday.
"Where is the women and child development minister," asked Jaya, as she raised the matter of increasing rape cases in the country during zero hour in the house.
"Has she ever answered any question on this in the house," the Bollywood actress asked.
Replying to her demand, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla said: "The minister (Tirath) spoke during the passing of anti-rape law."
"If the member wants the minister to speak, then she can give notice," said Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish