Withdrawing power subsidy from April `anti-people`: AAP
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday described as "anti-people" the move by Congress-led UPA government to discontinue the relief provided to consumers by Arvind Kejriwal administration in their monthly power bills in Delhi from April 1.
Addressing a press conference here, senior AAP leader Manish Sisodia said when the interim budget was being prepared, AAP government had told the power department to extend the subsidy for six more months but then the government resigned. This also made it necessary to take the interim-budget to Parliament for approval. The extended subsidy did not find any place in the interim budget.
The party also attacked BJP for not protesting the decision in parliament when the interim budget was presented.
"When the budget was introduced in Parliament on vote-on-account, BJP aligned with Congress on the issue. BJP is an equal partner in this anti-people decision since despite having promised 30 per cent reduction in electricity bills in its manifesto for Delhi assembly elections, it did not protest the central government`s move when the interim budget was placed in Parliament on Friday," Sisodia said.
"When we say that electricity prices should be brought down, then we say that there should be CAG audit of electricity companies. These companies were hand in gloves with Sheila Dixit government", he said.
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part V
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- This novel genetic method could lead to vaccine for life-threatening cancer!
- Heatwave continues to sweep several parts of country; Odisha records highest maximum temperature of 46.3 degrees Celsius
- BJP denies Sonia Gandhi's character assassination charge in chopper deal
- EC deploys more police observers for 5th phase of poll in West Bengal
- West Bengal polls: Mamata rakes up 2G scam, slams Congress, BJP, CPI(M)