Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of metro train in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a metro train at Rajouri Garden Metro Station in West Delhi here this morning, police said.
The incident took place at around 10.13 AM on the Blue Line when the woman, identified as Omwati jumped in front of a Vaishali bound metro. The incident caused a delay of around half-an-hour in metro operations which resumed around 11.45 AM.
Omwati was a resident of Raghuveer Nagar area were she lived with her father who is a security guard and two brothers. She was working as a computer operator on contract basis. She left home at around 9 AM for office but jumped before the metro at the station, police said.
"As soon as she jumped from the platform, the driver applied emergency breaks but it was too late by then. She was stuck in the train`s frame and had grievous injuries. She was rescued and rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead," said a senior police official.
Investigators have recovered a suicide note from her possession in which she has said that she was responsible for the extreme step.
Her body has been handed over to her family after postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why