Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of metro train in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a metro train at Rajouri Garden Metro Station in West Delhi here this morning, police said.
The incident took place at around 10.13 AM on the Blue Line when the woman, identified as Omwati jumped in front of a Vaishali bound metro. The incident caused a delay of around half-an-hour in metro operations which resumed around 11.45 AM.
Omwati was a resident of Raghuveer Nagar area were she lived with her father who is a security guard and two brothers. She was working as a computer operator on contract basis. She left home at around 9 AM for office but jumped before the metro at the station, police said.
"As soon as she jumped from the platform, the driver applied emergency breaks but it was too late by then. She was stuck in the train`s frame and had grievous injuries. She was rescued and rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead," said a senior police official.
Investigators have recovered a suicide note from her possession in which she has said that she was responsible for the extreme step.
Her body has been handed over to her family after postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption