Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of metro train in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a metro train at Rajouri Garden Metro Station in West Delhi here this morning, police said.
The incident took place at around 10.13 AM on the Blue Line when the woman, identified as Omwati jumped in front of a Vaishali bound metro. The incident caused a delay of around half-an-hour in metro operations which resumed around 11.45 AM.
Omwati was a resident of Raghuveer Nagar area were she lived with her father who is a security guard and two brothers. She was working as a computer operator on contract basis. She left home at around 9 AM for office but jumped before the metro at the station, police said.
"As soon as she jumped from the platform, the driver applied emergency breaks but it was too late by then. She was stuck in the train`s frame and had grievous injuries. She was rescued and rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead," said a senior police official.
Investigators have recovered a suicide note from her possession in which she has said that she was responsible for the extreme step.
Her body has been handed over to her family after postmortem.
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule
- Who raped and murdered Jisha in Kerala? Here are a few theories
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- PM Narendra Modi unhappy with BJP lawmakers for not using social media, appoints tutors
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today