Woman found stripped, dead in Noida
Noida: A 22-year-old woman was found stripped and dead in Noida. The woman`s mother alleged that the girl had been raped and the rapists had killed her to destroy evidence.
Police said that whether or not the woman had been raped could only be established after a post-mortem.
The woman`s mother said that she had left home 8.30 a.m. Friday to attend to work at a call centre in Sector 63, where she had the 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. shift.
When her daughter did not return till 10.00 p.m., a search was conducted. Policemen said the woman may have "eloped with a boyfriend", and refused to take the matter seriously.
The woman`s mother was told by her daughter`s fellow-workers that she had left office premises at 9.00 p.m. Friday.
At 8.30 a.m. Saturday, the mother received a call on her telephone, informing her that her daughter lay dead on the roadside at Sector 63, her body stripped of clothing.
The mother alleged that her daughter had been stripped by men who raped her.
"An autopsy is being conducted by a panel of three doctors. Appropriate legal action would be initiated after the outcome of the post-mortem report is made known," said SSP Noida Praveen Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi