Woman held at IGI Airport with pistol
New Delhi: A woman was arrested at IGI Airport
here for allegedly carrying a country-made pistol while she
was on way to board a Mumbai-bound flight, police said on Monday.
Vandana Kaushal was to catch a flight to Mumbai from the
Indira Gandhi International Airport here yesterday when she
was intercepted after a fire-arm was found in her check-in
baggage during security checking.
According to a senior police official, the security
officials at the airport detected the fire-arm inside her
check-in baggage during screening and asked her to produce
documents regarding it. However, she could not produce any
"Kaushal took out the country-made pistol and a live
cartridge from the baggage. A case under Arms Act has been
registered against her," the official said.
She was produced in a court which granted her bail for a
surety of Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter