Woman injured in acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: A 40-year-old woman sustained severe burn injuries as two unidentified assailants, who came on a motorcycle, threw acid on her after barging inside her house in Dilshad Garden area of North-East Delhi, police said on Friday.
According to the police the incident took place last Wednesday afternoon when she was alone at home.
"As per the woman, two persons, one wearing helmet and another with his face covered with a handkerchief barged into her house and threw acid on her face. The chemical fell on her stomach and face," said a police official.
After committing the crime, the duo fled on their motorcycle. A PCR call was made and she was rushed to nearby GTB Hospital, from where, she was discharged after treatment.
Police are suspecting involvement of a family member in the incident as she was having a tiff with her sister-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing