Woman injured in acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: A 40-year-old woman sustained severe burn injuries as two unidentified assailants, who came on a motorcycle, threw acid on her after barging inside her house in Dilshad Garden area of North-East Delhi, police said on Friday.
According to the police the incident took place last Wednesday afternoon when she was alone at home.
"As per the woman, two persons, one wearing helmet and another with his face covered with a handkerchief barged into her house and threw acid on her face. The chemical fell on her stomach and face," said a police official.
After committing the crime, the duo fled on their motorcycle. A PCR call was made and she was rushed to nearby GTB Hospital, from where, she was discharged after treatment.
Police are suspecting involvement of a family member in the incident as she was having a tiff with her sister-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof