Woman injured in acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: A 40-year-old woman sustained severe burn injuries as two unidentified assailants, who came on a motorcycle, threw acid on her after barging inside her house in Dilshad Garden area of North-East Delhi, police said on Friday.
According to the police the incident took place last Wednesday afternoon when she was alone at home.
"As per the woman, two persons, one wearing helmet and another with his face covered with a handkerchief barged into her house and threw acid on her face. The chemical fell on her stomach and face," said a police official.
After committing the crime, the duo fled on their motorcycle. A PCR call was made and she was rushed to nearby GTB Hospital, from where, she was discharged after treatment.
Police are suspecting involvement of a family member in the incident as she was having a tiff with her sister-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam