Worker held for raping minor neighbour
New Delhi: A 50-year-old worker was arrested here for raping a minor neighbour, police said on Sunday.
"Surender Singh was arrested on Saturday night for raping the girl who lives in his neighbourhood in Rajouri Garden area in west Delhi," said police officer.
The 11-year-old girl told police that Singh had been raping her for the past few months and threatened her not to reveal it to anyone, police said.
The victim`s parents lodged a police complaint on Saturday and a medical examination confirmed rape, said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says