Worker held for raping minor neighbour
New Delhi: A 50-year-old worker was arrested here for raping a minor neighbour, police said on Sunday.
"Surender Singh was arrested on Saturday night for raping the girl who lives in his neighbourhood in Rajouri Garden area in west Delhi," said police officer.
The 11-year-old girl told police that Singh had been raping her for the past few months and threatened her not to reveal it to anyone, police said.
The victim`s parents lodged a police complaint on Saturday and a medical examination confirmed rape, said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok