Worker held for raping minor neighbour
New Delhi: A 50-year-old worker was arrested here for raping a minor neighbour, police said on Sunday.
"Surender Singh was arrested on Saturday night for raping the girl who lives in his neighbourhood in Rajouri Garden area in west Delhi," said police officer.
The 11-year-old girl told police that Singh had been raping her for the past few months and threatened her not to reveal it to anyone, police said.
The victim`s parents lodged a police complaint on Saturday and a medical examination confirmed rape, said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP