Worker held for raping minor neighbour
New Delhi: A 50-year-old worker was arrested here for raping a minor neighbour, police said on Sunday.
"Surender Singh was arrested on Saturday night for raping the girl who lives in his neighbourhood in Rajouri Garden area in west Delhi," said police officer.
The 11-year-old girl told police that Singh had been raping her for the past few months and threatened her not to reveal it to anyone, police said.
The victim`s parents lodged a police complaint on Saturday and a medical examination confirmed rape, said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote