Youth jailed for 2 yrs for sodomising minor boy
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to two
years in jail for sodomising an eight-year-old boy with a city
court terming his offence as "sexual perversion" that is "on
rise" in recent times.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Sanjay Garg jailed Aligarh
resident Aash Mohammad, 21, for sodomising the minor boy in
June 2010 after promising him to give him Rs 50.
"The boy (victim) with whom the accused (Mohammad) did
carnal intercourse was just eight years of age. Such type of
offence shows sexual perversion of the convict (Mohammad). In
recent past, it is noted that sexual assault both on boys and
girls is on the rise," said the judge, while also imposing a
fine of Rs 2,000 on convict.
The court convicted Mohammad relying on the testimonies of
victim and his family members and also on the medical records.
"In the light of clear and specific statement of victim,
his family members and medical evidence brought on record by
the prosecution, defence taken by the accused (regarding false
implication in the case) is an afterthought and deserves no
consideration," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the victim`s mother had
lodged a complaint alleging that Aash Mohammad, a fruit
vendor who used to reside at Karkardooma village here, had
sodomised her son on June 26, 2010 after promising to give him
On her complaint, the accused was arrested on June 27,
2010 from Karkardooma village.
During the trial, Mohammad denied the allegations saying
he was falsely implicated in the case as he had an argument
with the brother and father of the boy on the issue of
removing his `rehri`, which he used to park near their house.
He said the boy`s brother and father had threatened him
that if he did not remove his `rehri` from there, they would
get him falsely implicated in some case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen