12K birds spotted in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
Morigaon (Assam): More than 12 thousand birds of 26 species have been spotted in Assam`s Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary during a week-long census, Forest officials said today.
The Assam Forest Department and prominent environmental organisation, `Aarayank` conducted a week-long census which concluded today, Sanctuary`s Ranger Mukul Tamuly told PTI.
The birds include about 5,000 migratory while the remaining 7,000 belonged to local species.
The migratory birds include more than hundred Siberian cranes.
The census was conducted by 40 people belonging to both the forest department and Aaranyak.
The sanctuary is famed for the highest density of one-horned rhino per square kilometre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply