Combing operations on in Corbett Tiger Reserve
Dehradun: Intensive combing operations were today carried out at the Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR) following the arrest of three suspected poachers.
"We are continuing our combing operation for some more time," CTR Director R K Mishra said.
Following the combing operation, a CTR team with the assistance of local police arrested three suspected poachers with four snares, pieces of meat, steel chains and other materials used for killing wild animals from Bijrani range on Tuesday.
However, five of their accomplices managed to flee from the spot taking advantage of darkness, Mishra said. "We will continue the operation till the other poachers are also nabbed," said Mishra.
He said 24-hours patrolling and combing is being done in Corbett to nab the poachers. Day and night patrolling in the reserve forest areas in Uttarakhand, including the Rajaji Park, would continue as the security of tigers is a challenge especially when the maximum density of 214 tigers have been reported from Corbett in 2012, Sharma said.
Mishra said the forest department has prepared a long-term proposal of intensive patrolling in tiger areas with an estimated cost of Rs 9.80 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- India sends Letter Rogatories to six countries, requests them to seize Dawood Ibrahim's properties
- How are rising carbon dioxide levels affecting crops? NASA finds out!