Need more integration of renewable with grids: CEC
Kolkata: There is a need for more integration of renewable energy with grid power, Chairman of the Central Electricity Commission Neeraja Mathur said today.
"Hydel is a not a problem, problem is renewable. Because in Hydel we have storage they are able to store. But in case of renewable, suppose solar and wind, suppose both are there and at that point the state doesn`t have the demand so where to keep them?" Mathur told reporters here.
"So we need to have techniques in order to forecast where how much is required. Actually the issue is integration of renewable with the grids," he said.
Speaking on the reserve power issue by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, he said, "I understand they are coming with certain issues (guidelines). Let the regulations come out, all the issues will be addressed comprehensively."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda