Need more integration of renewable with grids: CEC
Kolkata: There is a need for more integration of renewable energy with grid power, Chairman of the Central Electricity Commission Neeraja Mathur said today.
"Hydel is a not a problem, problem is renewable. Because in Hydel we have storage they are able to store. But in case of renewable, suppose solar and wind, suppose both are there and at that point the state doesn`t have the demand so where to keep them?" Mathur told reporters here.
"So we need to have techniques in order to forecast where how much is required. Actually the issue is integration of renewable with the grids," he said.
Speaking on the reserve power issue by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, he said, "I understand they are coming with certain issues (guidelines). Let the regulations come out, all the issues will be addressed comprehensively."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH