Need more integration of renewable with grids: CEC
Kolkata: There is a need for more integration of renewable energy with grid power, Chairman of the Central Electricity Commission Neeraja Mathur said today.
"Hydel is a not a problem, problem is renewable. Because in Hydel we have storage they are able to store. But in case of renewable, suppose solar and wind, suppose both are there and at that point the state doesn`t have the demand so where to keep them?" Mathur told reporters here.
"So we need to have techniques in order to forecast where how much is required. Actually the issue is integration of renewable with the grids," he said.
Speaking on the reserve power issue by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, he said, "I understand they are coming with certain issues (guidelines). Let the regulations come out, all the issues will be addressed comprehensively."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees