Need more integration of renewable with grids: CEC
Kolkata: There is a need for more integration of renewable energy with grid power, Chairman of the Central Electricity Commission Neeraja Mathur said today.
"Hydel is a not a problem, problem is renewable. Because in Hydel we have storage they are able to store. But in case of renewable, suppose solar and wind, suppose both are there and at that point the state doesn`t have the demand so where to keep them?" Mathur told reporters here.
"So we need to have techniques in order to forecast where how much is required. Actually the issue is integration of renewable with the grids," he said.
Speaking on the reserve power issue by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, he said, "I understand they are coming with certain issues (guidelines). Let the regulations come out, all the issues will be addressed comprehensively."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- When Arvind Kejriwal was mocked for seeking Brexit-style referendum on Delhi statehood
- US reiterates support for India's NSG bid
- PM Narendra Modi meets Belarus, Tajikistan leaders in Tashkent
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!
- Leave 'as soon as possible', EU chiefs tell Britain after Brexit vote