Need to maintain balance of nature: Sheila
New Delhi: On the occasion of International Ozone Day Friday, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has urged people to maintain balance of nature to help fulfil society`s commitment towards nature.
"In case the ozone layer actually gets depleted, increased penetration of ultra violet radiation will have profound impact on all living creatures including human and plant life," Dikshit said.
"There is a need to make our rivers clean. Our school children in Delhi have proved beyond any doubt that they can bring a positive change as they are fit enough to work as a catalyst force," Dikshit stated.
Since 1995, Sep 16 is celebrated as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31