Need to maintain balance of nature: Sheila
New Delhi: On the occasion of International Ozone Day Friday, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has urged people to maintain balance of nature to help fulfil society`s commitment towards nature.
"In case the ozone layer actually gets depleted, increased penetration of ultra violet radiation will have profound impact on all living creatures including human and plant life," Dikshit said.
"There is a need to make our rivers clean. Our school children in Delhi have proved beyond any doubt that they can bring a positive change as they are fit enough to work as a catalyst force," Dikshit stated.
Since 1995, Sep 16 is celebrated as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India