Rhino killed, carcass of leopard found in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A male adult rhino was killed and its horn taken away by poachers in the Kaziranga National Park in Assam where the carcass of a leopard was also recovered today.
The local people spotted the rhino carcass near Louduli camp under Kohora Range of the Park as also three spent cartridges of a .303 rifle, KNP said sources.
The horn of the rhino was sawn off and taken away by the poachers, the sources said.
It was the eighth rhino to be killed this year.
Meanwhile, a carcass of a male adult leopard was recovered by forest guards near the Bherone camp of the World Heritage Site.
The leopard had died after a fight with another big cat, they added.
A search was being made for the poachers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi