Rhino killed, carcass of leopard found in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A male adult rhino was killed and its horn taken away by poachers in the Kaziranga National Park in Assam where the carcass of a leopard was also recovered today.
The local people spotted the rhino carcass near Louduli camp under Kohora Range of the Park as also three spent cartridges of a .303 rifle, KNP said sources.
The horn of the rhino was sawn off and taken away by the poachers, the sources said.
It was the eighth rhino to be killed this year.
Meanwhile, a carcass of a male adult leopard was recovered by forest guards near the Bherone camp of the World Heritage Site.
The leopard had died after a fight with another big cat, they added.
A search was being made for the poachers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach