Rhino killed, carcass of leopard found in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A male adult rhino was killed and its horn taken away by poachers in the Kaziranga National Park in Assam where the carcass of a leopard was also recovered today.
The local people spotted the rhino carcass near Louduli camp under Kohora Range of the Park as also three spent cartridges of a .303 rifle, KNP said sources.
The horn of the rhino was sawn off and taken away by the poachers, the sources said.
It was the eighth rhino to be killed this year.
Meanwhile, a carcass of a male adult leopard was recovered by forest guards near the Bherone camp of the World Heritage Site.
The leopard had died after a fight with another big cat, they added.
A search was being made for the poachers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan