Science express train in Assam
Rangiya (Assam): The largest, longest and the most visited mobile exhibition train `Science Express` is on a 13-day tour of Assam.
The train, an Indo-German collaboration, with 16 AC coaches began its Assam leg of the journey from Rangiya on June 12 and had currently reached Mariani in Upper Assam, train`s Project manager Sudhir Sharma said.
The train, first introduced in 2007, would help both students and science teachers alike.
The train was first introduced in October 2007 and later it was handed over to the centre`s
Department of Science and Technology and it has already covered 68,000 kms across the country during its four phases with more than 63.60 lakh people visiting it at 220 halts, Sharma said.
The current phase was flagged off on June 5, on World Environment Day, this year from Delhi`s Safdarjung station and later it reached Patna station and then Rangiya in Assam.
In Assam, besides Rangiya and Mariani, it will also travel to Dibrugarh, Dimapur and Kamakhya in Guwahati.
One of the coaches has been designed on North east`s biodiversity by former Gauhati University`s Zoology Department head of the department by Dr P C Bhattacherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale