Science express train in Assam
Rangiya (Assam): The largest, longest and the most visited mobile exhibition train `Science Express` is on a 13-day tour of Assam.
The train, an Indo-German collaboration, with 16 AC coaches began its Assam leg of the journey from Rangiya on June 12 and had currently reached Mariani in Upper Assam, train`s Project manager Sudhir Sharma said.
The train, first introduced in 2007, would help both students and science teachers alike.
The train was first introduced in October 2007 and later it was handed over to the centre`s
Department of Science and Technology and it has already covered 68,000 kms across the country during its four phases with more than 63.60 lakh people visiting it at 220 halts, Sharma said.
The current phase was flagged off on June 5, on World Environment Day, this year from Delhi`s Safdarjung station and later it reached Patna station and then Rangiya in Assam.
In Assam, besides Rangiya and Mariani, it will also travel to Dibrugarh, Dimapur and Kamakhya in Guwahati.
One of the coaches has been designed on North east`s biodiversity by former Gauhati University`s Zoology Department head of the department by Dr P C Bhattacherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past