Science express train in Assam
Rangiya (Assam): The largest, longest and the most visited mobile exhibition train `Science Express` is on a 13-day tour of Assam.
The train, an Indo-German collaboration, with 16 AC coaches began its Assam leg of the journey from Rangiya on June 12 and had currently reached Mariani in Upper Assam, train`s Project manager Sudhir Sharma said.
The train, first introduced in 2007, would help both students and science teachers alike.
The train was first introduced in October 2007 and later it was handed over to the centre`s
Department of Science and Technology and it has already covered 68,000 kms across the country during its four phases with more than 63.60 lakh people visiting it at 220 halts, Sharma said.
The current phase was flagged off on June 5, on World Environment Day, this year from Delhi`s Safdarjung station and later it reached Patna station and then Rangiya in Assam.
In Assam, besides Rangiya and Mariani, it will also travel to Dibrugarh, Dimapur and Kamakhya in Guwahati.
One of the coaches has been designed on North east`s biodiversity by former Gauhati University`s Zoology Department head of the department by Dr P C Bhattacherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked