Tiger cub spotted in Ranthambore
Jaipur: Forest officials have spotted a tiger cub with the help of a camera trap installed at the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan`s Sawaimadhopur district.
The photo captured recently showed one cub with T 26 named Sharmilee in the Mai Dang region.
"Ranthambore has witnessed an increase in the number of cubs recently mainly because of the conducive habitat for tigers and conservation measures," state forest minister Bina Kak said here today.
The cub seems to be around three months old, she said.
"The photo shows only one cub. But evidence of more cubs is being verified through camera traps and pug marks," she said, adding, that a tigress was seen with a cub in Bakola area last month also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city