Using date palm seeds for water treatment
Muscat: A leading university in Oman has made significant progress in using date palm seeds for the treatment of polluted water, a media report here said.
Researchers at the College of Engineering of the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) have found that date palm seeds were more effective in treating polluted water than traditional means, such as active carbon, one of the most commonly used methods to eliminate particles and toxins from water, Times Of Oman reported Thursday.
The project to treat polluted water is also studying the feasibility of using date palm seeds with methylene blue.
The project will help in recycling and reusing wastes, reducing the concentration of methylene blue or other chemicals used before discharge of industrial waste into the environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video