Using date palm seeds for water treatment
Muscat: A leading university in Oman has made significant progress in using date palm seeds for the treatment of polluted water, a media report here said.
Researchers at the College of Engineering of the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) have found that date palm seeds were more effective in treating polluted water than traditional means, such as active carbon, one of the most commonly used methods to eliminate particles and toxins from water, Times Of Oman reported Thursday.
The project to treat polluted water is also studying the feasibility of using date palm seeds with methylene blue.
The project will help in recycling and reusing wastes, reducing the concentration of methylene blue or other chemicals used before discharge of industrial waste into the environment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know