Wetland in Kanyakumari made Bird Protection Zone
Chennai: In a bid to develop the bio-diversity zone in Kanyakumari district into a tourist destination, Tamil Nadu government today announced the wetland near Suchindram Theroor in the district as a Bird Protection Zone.
Funds to the tune of Rs 1.61 crore was allotted towards the development and management works of the Zone, which attracts over 90 bird species, including 50 species from the Arctic region, an official release said.
The government also increased the pay scale of anti-poaching watchers to Rs 4,000 from the earlier pay that varied between Rs 2,126 and Rs 3,500. The pay hike would cost the exchequer an additional of Rs 2.78 crore every year, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak