Wetland in Kanyakumari made Bird Protection Zone
Chennai: In a bid to develop the bio-diversity zone in Kanyakumari district into a tourist destination, Tamil Nadu government today announced the wetland near Suchindram Theroor in the district as a Bird Protection Zone.
Funds to the tune of Rs 1.61 crore was allotted towards the development and management works of the Zone, which attracts over 90 bird species, including 50 species from the Arctic region, an official release said.
The government also increased the pay scale of anti-poaching watchers to Rs 4,000 from the earlier pay that varied between Rs 2,126 and Rs 3,500. The pay hike would cost the exchequer an additional of Rs 2.78 crore every year, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested