Wetland in Kanyakumari made Bird Protection Zone
Chennai: In a bid to develop the bio-diversity zone in Kanyakumari district into a tourist destination, Tamil Nadu government today announced the wetland near Suchindram Theroor in the district as a Bird Protection Zone.
Funds to the tune of Rs 1.61 crore was allotted towards the development and management works of the Zone, which attracts over 90 bird species, including 50 species from the Arctic region, an official release said.
The government also increased the pay scale of anti-poaching watchers to Rs 4,000 from the earlier pay that varied between Rs 2,126 and Rs 3,500. The pay hike would cost the exchequer an additional of Rs 2.78 crore every year, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot