Wetland in Kanyakumari made Bird Protection Zone
Chennai: In a bid to develop the bio-diversity zone in Kanyakumari district into a tourist destination, Tamil Nadu government today announced the wetland near Suchindram Theroor in the district as a Bird Protection Zone.
Funds to the tune of Rs 1.61 crore was allotted towards the development and management works of the Zone, which attracts over 90 bird species, including 50 species from the Arctic region, an official release said.
The government also increased the pay scale of anti-poaching watchers to Rs 4,000 from the earlier pay that varied between Rs 2,126 and Rs 3,500. The pay hike would cost the exchequer an additional of Rs 2.78 crore every year, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...