Zoo celebrates tiger cub`s first birthday
Jamshedpur: The Tata Steel Zoological Society (TSZS) today celebrated the first birthday of Dona, a tiger cub born in the zoo after a gap of 12 years.
A birthday cake was cut by school children near the tiger enclosure soon after Dona and and its mother came out in the enclosure from the cage.
The guests on the occasion, including Tata Steel Managing Director H M Nerurkar`s wife Surekha Nerurkar, wished Dona a long and cheerful life.
The last tiger cub born in the zoo before Dona was Shanti in December, 1999, TSZS sources said.
A male tiger Raghab was acquired from Assam State Zoo, Guwahati, in March, 2010. Raghab and Shanti were then paired resulting in the birth of Dona on April 16 last year.
To mark the occasion, the State Bank of India has donated Rs 7.55 lakh towards improving the veterinary facility of the zoo.
Meanwhile, an 8-year-old zoo leopard, Basanti, gave birth to a pair of cubs on April 3, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state