Campus placements likely to be lower next year: Survey
With continuing economic uncertainties, head-hunters in the country are likely to hire lower number of students through campus placements next year.
New Delhi: With continuing economic uncertainties, head-hunters in the country are likely to hire lower number of students through campus placements next year, says a survey.
According to a survey conducted by Firstnaukri.Com, 73 per cent recruiters have said that the number of students to be hired through campus placements would be lower in 2014.
The survey also found that 44 per cent of the recruiters looking to hire engineering students have indicated a drop in campus hiring in 2014.
Besides, all the recruiters into hiring MBA students said that they would visit fewer campuses and hire lower number of students next year.
The survey was conducted among over 115 recruiters across the country and covered sectors like IT, ITES, finance and construction.
"The uncertain economic conditions will continue to manifest itself through a weaker demand for students in campus hiring," Firstnaukri.Com business head Deepali Singh said.
"Most of the companies have adopted a watchful approach towards recruitments and its ramifications will be felt in campus hiring as well," Singh added.
Going by the survey, 29 per cent of the recruiters found students` refusal to join the firm after accepting the offer as a major challenge while hiring from campuses.
Other challenges included lack of communication and analytical skills in students and salary expectations.
The survey also said that 25 per cent recruiters look for availability of quality talent in the campus as a key factor for selecting colleges for placements.
Part of Naukri.Com group, Firstnaukri.Com is a job search portal for college students and recent graduates. The site is exclusively targeted towards entry level hiring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death