Sonia to lay foundation stone of girls hostel at Jamia
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Jamia Milia Islamia on May 14 to lay the foundation stone of a girls hostel in the university`s campus.
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Jamia Milia Islamia on May 14 to lay the foundation stone of a girls hostel in the university`s campus.
"Sonia Gandhi will be visiting the Jamia campus on May 14 to unveil the plaque of the new girls hostel and will address the Jamia fraternity," JMI`s media coordinator Simi Malhotra said.
It was due to Gandhi`s active intervention that Jamia received the grant of Rs 26 crore from the University Grants Commission for building the girls` hostel, she added.
The hostel is expected to accommodate 400 more girl students on campus.
The university currently has five girls hostels which house over 850 girls.
Besides triple bedded rooms for students, Jamia plans to provide facilities such as gymnasium, multi-purpose function hall, recreational open spaces and lawns at the proposed hostel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users