Students suffer amid Delhi University-UGC row
The standoff between the UGC and Delhi University over the four-year undergraduate programme continued on Tuesday causing problems for thousands of students, in particular those from outside Delhi.
New Delhi: The standoff between the UGC and Delhi University over the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP) continued on Tuesday causing problems for thousands of students, in particular those from outside Delhi.
Most of the university`s colleges postponed admissions on Monday, just a day before the process was to begin, leading to confusion among students vying for a seat in the varsity.
"We have come from Assam for my daughter`s admission. Since we were travelling on a train, we did not know about these developments," DK Goohain told a news agency.
Nidhi Khan, a differently-abled girl who had come with her mother to seek admission, echoed similar sentiments.
"We had no idea about the postponement of the admission process. I do not know what to do now," a confused looking Khan said.
Sudha Goyal, another parent, said admissions to Delhi University have become like the nursery admission process.
"There is no equality across the country on the degrees being given to the students. What is the point of having the four-year programme," Goyal asked.
Adding to the confusion, some teachers and student groups are protesting for and against the four-year programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!