39 of 96 AAP candidates in first four poll phases are ‘crorepatis’
Rashi Aditi Ghosh/Zee Research Group
Known to all as the only party for common men, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is not so common as far as financial credentials of its candidates are concerned.
According to a Zee Research Group (ZRG) study, 41 per cent of the candidates from AAP contesting in the Phase one to four (April 7th to 12th, 2014) of Lok Sabha Election 2014 are ‘Crorepatis’.
AAP has fielded 96 candidates in first four phases of 2014 Lok Sabha elections and 39 out these candidates are Crorepatis having assets ranging from Rupees 30 crore to 1 crore(An average of 2.62 Crores). Five candidates out of the 96 contesting candidates have not yet filled their affidavits and one of the filled affidavits has been cancelled by the Election Commission.
The research based on the affidavit filed by the party further shows that three out of four top Crorepatis in the list are women.
While Shazia Ilmi with Rupees 30.3 crore leads the list, other toppers include Jaisingh Thekedar (24.7 Crore), Anita Pratap(20.3 crore) and Anjali Damania(19.3 Crore).
These apart, eight out of 18 (44 per cent) female candidates fielded from AAP in the first four phases are Crorepatis.
The general list of Crorepatis from AAP also includes few famous faces namely Gul Panag, Ashutosh, Raj Mohan Gandhi, Yogendra Yadav and Ashish Khetan.
While Gul Panag has assets worth Rupees 13 Crore, Ashutosh, Raj Mohan Gandhi, Yogendra Yadav and Ashish Khetan possess assets worth Rupees 8 Crore,4.8 Crore,3.7 Crore and 1.7 Crore respectively.
ZRG study also depicts that Satya Mahar (Kalahandi, Odisha) has the least asset base among AAP candidates for (Election phase one to four).He has filed 32 thousand Rupees as his asset base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price