700 arms seized in Delhi
New Delhi: A total of 700 weapons, including rifles and pistols, have been seized by the Election Commission before the April 10 Lok Sabha election, a poll panel official said.
Of the arms, 607 are licensed and 93 unlicensed.
Till now, flying squads have seized over 25,000 litres of liquor valued at Rs.38 lakh from the seven Lok Sabha constituencies.
"A total of 143 FIRs have been registered against members of political parties for defacing both public and private properties," said the official.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has the maximum number of 21 FIRs lodged against it while 18 and 17 FIRs have been filed against the Aam Aadmi Party and the Congress respectively for violating the model code of conduct. The remaining FIRs are against other parties.
"A total of 600 micro observers and over 150 flying squads kept close vigil on the political parties ever since the model code of conduct came into force March 5," he added.
Campaigning in the national capital ended at 5 pm on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!