Aam Aadmi Party to replace three candidates in Uttar Pradesh
New Delhi: Problems for AAP in Uttar Pradesh does not seem to end as it has now decided to replace at least three candidates in the state owing to different reasons.
"We are planning to change the candidates in 2-3 constituencies which includes Farrukhabad and Etah," said party spokesperson Deep Bajpai.
"This is being done because of different reasons ranging from lack of interest shown in campaigning by the individual to some of them not meeting the guidelines set by the party. We will put up strong candidates by replacing them," he said.
The party had announced candidature of scribe Mukul Tripathi in Farrukhabad to take on Union Minister Salman Khurshid in its first list of candidates. He will now be replaced.
The party had given ticket to Dilip Yadav from Etah and he will also be replaced. Sources said Ravindar Singh, party`s candidate from Agra, has also surrendered his ticket.
In UP alone, Khalid Parvez was asked not to contest from Moradabad after a case of defaulting cropped up. Similarly, the party also replaced the candidate in Shahjahanpur.
In Delhi, AAP fielded Rakhi Birla in place of Mahendar Singh from North-west Delhi after a case of his arrest in a case came to light.
The party fielded Gul Panag after Savita Bhatti, who was initially given ticket refused to contest in Chandigarh owing to opposition to her candidature by local party workers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference