ABVP celebrates BJP`s victory in DU, JNU
New Delhi: With the BJP achieving a landslide victory in the Lok Sabha polls, ABVP - the student wing of the saffron party, joined the celebrations here today.
Elated with BJP`s stellar performance across the country and in the national capital, students of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) took out processions in the North and South Campus of the Delhi University.
ABVP cadres distributed sweets, danced to dhol beats and fired crackers with the hope, `acche din aane wale hain` (Good days coming ahead), also the punch line of the BJP campaigns.
"This is a clear mandate against corruption, bad governance and pseudo-secular politics. We welcome this verdict as a clear indication of the aspirations of the people of India for development, good governance and security," said Saket Bahuguna, ABVP`s Delhi State Secretary.
"This is a much awaited change and we wish that the new government will fulfill the aspirations of the people of the country, especially the youth," he added.
Similar celebrations were carried out in the Jawaharlal Nehru University. Firecrackers were burst to celebrate the occasion and sweets were distributed among people there.
JNU, considered a Left bastion, today had hordes of BJP supporters doing rounds of the campus creating a joyful ambience.
"People have shown this time that Democracy is above casteism, nepotism, and dynastic politics. Awareness among women and youth has won.
This Victory also indicates nation`s mood against corruption, inflation, unemployment and a lackadaisical government," said Mamata Tripathi, Vice President ABVP Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video