Andhra Pradesh leads in cash, liquor seizure cases
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh has accounted for the highest number of cases of cash and liquor seizure compared to other states during the electioneering for the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
Flying squads seized Rs 137 crore in cash and 1.44 crore litre of liquor in Andhra Pradesh, Election Commission Director General P K Dash told reporters here on Thursday.
He said Rs 289 crore in cash and 2.24 lakh litre of liquor have been seized till date across the country.
In Uttar Pradesh, cash seizure was Rs 19.23 crore followed by Rs 2.72 crore in West Bengal and Rs 2.50 crore in Bihar. These three states will witness last phase of polls on May 12.
Liquor seizure was highest in Bihar (63.76 lakh litre), followed by Uttar Pradesh (5.6 lakh litre) and West Bengal (7.77 lakh litre).
The EC has served notices in 1,688 paid news cases so far. Of these, 828 notices were issued in Andhra Prdesh alone. In Rajasthan and Punjab, 240 and 162 notices respectively were served in paid news cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH