Arvind Kejriwal offers prayers at the grave of Bismillah Khan in Varanasi
Varanasi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Monday prayed and offered flowers at the grave of shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan at Dargah -E-Fatmaan in Sigra here.
Bharat Ratna Ustad Bismillah Khan`s son Ustad Zamin Hussain Bismillah, along with Bismillah Khan`s grandson, Afaque Haider, was also present at the Dargha with Kejriwal.
Kejriwal told reporters later that "the land of Varanasi gave birth to a large number of legends who won Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna besides other awards.
"These legends are like Ustad Bismillah Khan, Munshi Prem Chand, Kishan Maharaj and Shanta Kumar. Our country is known worldwide because of these legends. We will make all efforts that these legends along with their family members get full respect, honour and full financial support. Also, their memorials must be built like the tomb of Ustad Bismillah Khan," said Kejriwal.
He advocated Varanasi should be made the "World Heritage city".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!