BJP asks EC to take special care during counting of votes for Gurgaon seat
New Delhi : Apprehending untoward incident during counting of votes in Gurgaon parliamentary constituency, BJP candidate Rao Inderjit Singh today asked the Election Commission to take special care during counting.
"Mewat district of Gurgaon parliamentary constituency is a sensitive zone all through the year and especially so during election time. This has been further compounded by lack luster performance of the district administration," Singh said in his letter to the Returning Officer.
"The question now arises in my mind is whether this lack of performance was motivated by ulterior considerations or was an inherent disability in its genetic make up," he said.
He added that the EC should ensure that proper care is taken during the counting.
"Please ensure that there is no hanky panky in the counting of votes in the three Mewat assembly segments on May 16. Care therefore needs to be taken in the appointment of counting staff for that day," Singh said.
AAP candidate from the seat, Yogender Yadav had also alleged rigging in the Mewat area.
Singh, a former Union Minister and an old Congress hand in Haryana, had accused Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra for alleged irregularities in land dealings in Gurgaon.
He had also lashed out at Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda over the same and had quit the party to join the BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents