BJP candidate demands central forces in his constituency
Kolkata: Senior BJP leader and candidate from Hoogly Lok Sabha seat Chandan Mitra on Saturday demanded that central forces be deployed in his constituency to stop the `reign of terror` there.
"The Trinamool has ushered in a reign of terror as they are afraid of losing. They are not allowing BJP graffiti in the constituency," Mitra said.
"I demand that central forces should be deployed in my constituency for the sake of free and fair polls. What the Left had done during it regime, the Trinamool is doing the same thing," he said.
Asked about the alleged assault on BJP candidate and singer Babul Supriyo, Mitra said, "The Trinamool is targeting popular BJP candidates as they are afraid of losing the polls. But the people of Bengal will give them a befitting reply."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery