BJP`s Kisanganj Lok Sabha candidate booked for Rs 1 lakh cash recovery
Kisanganj: BJP Lok Sabha candidate from Kisanganj in Bihar Dilip Kumar Jaiswal has been booked along with four others after Rs one lakh cash was allegedly recovered from a car engaged in his campaign.
An FIR has been registered against Jaiswal and four of his supporters with Tinghal police station after the cash was seized by a mobile team last night, District Magistrate Aditya Kumar Das said.
He said Election Commission has been informed about the seizure and a notice is being served to Jaiswal for lawful action against him.
During a check, a team of district administration comprising Circle Officer (CO) Ashwani Choubey, Block Development Officer (BDO) Akil Anjum and Officer in-charge of Tinghal police station Bharat Bhusan stopped a car near Harwa Danga locality engaged in campaigning for BJP candidate and recovered Rs one lakh cash from the four occupants.
The CO said that some papers of the candidate and a diary comprising details of cash transaction to many individuals were found from the car.
The four have been taken into custody and are being questioned, the CO said.
Jaiswal, who is MLC, has been fielded by BJP against sitting Congress MP Maulana Asrarul Haque.
Kisanganj Lok Sabha seat will go to poll tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan