Celebs, commoners in same queues to vote
Mumbai: Industrialists, Bollywood actors and commoners stood in same queues to vote in the six Lok Sabha constituencies that went to the polls here Thursday.
Among those spotted waiting for their turn to vote were industrialist Anil Ambani, actors Aamir Khan and his wife, Suniel Shetty, Sonam Kapoor and Vidya Balan, attracting huge attention.
The candidates contesting from Mumbai also came out early with their families to vote.
They included Milind Deora, item girl Rakhi Sawant, Sanjay Nirupam, Gopal Shetty, Mahesh Manjrekar, Poonam Mahajan, Vinod Shelar, Kirit Somaiya and Eknath Gaekwad.
Sharing the queues of industrialists, film stars and other celebs were slum dwellers, fisherfolk, tribals and migrants.
Of the 19 constituencies in Maharashtra voting Thursday are Mumbai North, Mumbai North-West, Mumbai North-East, Mumbai North-Central, Mumbai South-Central and Mumbai South.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq