Celebs, commoners in same queues to vote
Mumbai: Industrialists, Bollywood actors and commoners stood in same queues to vote in the six Lok Sabha constituencies that went to the polls here Thursday.
Among those spotted waiting for their turn to vote were industrialist Anil Ambani, actors Aamir Khan and his wife, Suniel Shetty, Sonam Kapoor and Vidya Balan, attracting huge attention.
The candidates contesting from Mumbai also came out early with their families to vote.
They included Milind Deora, item girl Rakhi Sawant, Sanjay Nirupam, Gopal Shetty, Mahesh Manjrekar, Poonam Mahajan, Vinod Shelar, Kirit Somaiya and Eknath Gaekwad.
Sharing the queues of industrialists, film stars and other celebs were slum dwellers, fisherfolk, tribals and migrants.
Of the 19 constituencies in Maharashtra voting Thursday are Mumbai North, Mumbai North-West, Mumbai North-East, Mumbai North-Central, Mumbai South-Central and Mumbai South.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users