Celebs, commoners in same queues to vote
Mumbai: Industrialists, Bollywood actors and commoners stood in same queues to vote in the six Lok Sabha constituencies that went to the polls here Thursday.
Among those spotted waiting for their turn to vote were industrialist Anil Ambani, actors Aamir Khan and his wife, Suniel Shetty, Sonam Kapoor and Vidya Balan, attracting huge attention.
The candidates contesting from Mumbai also came out early with their families to vote.
They included Milind Deora, item girl Rakhi Sawant, Sanjay Nirupam, Gopal Shetty, Mahesh Manjrekar, Poonam Mahajan, Vinod Shelar, Kirit Somaiya and Eknath Gaekwad.
Sharing the queues of industrialists, film stars and other celebs were slum dwellers, fisherfolk, tribals and migrants.
Of the 19 constituencies in Maharashtra voting Thursday are Mumbai North, Mumbai North-West, Mumbai North-East, Mumbai North-Central, Mumbai South-Central and Mumbai South.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites