Centre fooling people on one rank, one pension: VK Singh
Hamirpur: Former Army Chief Gen V K Singh today alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "befooling" the ex-servicemen as the issue of "one rank, one pension" was still alive.
"The Congress was in the habit of telling lies and had done nothing concrete," Singh told reporters here, and cautioned the ex-servicemen "not to fall prey to the malicious propaganda of Congress".
Singh, who was here to accompany BJP candidate Anurag Thakur who filed his nomination papers today, said the country has suffered badly under the Congress-led UPA rule and only a government headed by a "strong leader like Narendra Modi" can effectively guard the borders with Pakistan and China.
On the occasion, Balbir Punj, BJP in charge for Himachal Pradesh claimed that the party was going to form its government at the Centre and no one could prevent Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof