Centre fooling people on one rank, one pension: VK Singh
Hamirpur: Former Army Chief Gen V K Singh today alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "befooling" the ex-servicemen as the issue of "one rank, one pension" was still alive.
"The Congress was in the habit of telling lies and had done nothing concrete," Singh told reporters here, and cautioned the ex-servicemen "not to fall prey to the malicious propaganda of Congress".
Singh, who was here to accompany BJP candidate Anurag Thakur who filed his nomination papers today, said the country has suffered badly under the Congress-led UPA rule and only a government headed by a "strong leader like Narendra Modi" can effectively guard the borders with Pakistan and China.
On the occasion, Balbir Punj, BJP in charge for Himachal Pradesh claimed that the party was going to form its government at the Centre and no one could prevent Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government