Centre fooling people on one rank, one pension: VK Singh
Hamirpur: Former Army Chief Gen V K Singh today alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "befooling" the ex-servicemen as the issue of "one rank, one pension" was still alive.
"The Congress was in the habit of telling lies and had done nothing concrete," Singh told reporters here, and cautioned the ex-servicemen "not to fall prey to the malicious propaganda of Congress".
Singh, who was here to accompany BJP candidate Anurag Thakur who filed his nomination papers today, said the country has suffered badly under the Congress-led UPA rule and only a government headed by a "strong leader like Narendra Modi" can effectively guard the borders with Pakistan and China.
On the occasion, Balbir Punj, BJP in charge for Himachal Pradesh claimed that the party was going to form its government at the Centre and no one could prevent Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites