Centre fooling people on one rank, one pension: VK Singh
Hamirpur: Former Army Chief Gen V K Singh today alleged that the UPA government at the Centre was "befooling" the ex-servicemen as the issue of "one rank, one pension" was still alive.
"The Congress was in the habit of telling lies and had done nothing concrete," Singh told reporters here, and cautioned the ex-servicemen "not to fall prey to the malicious propaganda of Congress".
Singh, who was here to accompany BJP candidate Anurag Thakur who filed his nomination papers today, said the country has suffered badly under the Congress-led UPA rule and only a government headed by a "strong leader like Narendra Modi" can effectively guard the borders with Pakistan and China.
On the occasion, Balbir Punj, BJP in charge for Himachal Pradesh claimed that the party was going to form its government at the Centre and no one could prevent Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test