Congress delegation meets UP Guv over attack on party office
Lucknow: A Congress delegation today met Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi seeking his help in ensuring immediate action on those who attacked and vandalised the party office recently.
The delegation, led by senior leader Ram Kishan Dwivedi, in a memorandum to the Governor, cited the sequence of events and stressed that the attack was a result of connivance between BJP and ruling SP as the former`s nominee Rajnath Singh is facing an uphill task before the Congress candidate Rita Bahuguna Joshi on Lucknow seat.
Stressing that the March 28 attack which was part of a planned conspiracy is a blot on democracy and this attitude could encourage violence, the Congressmen said the attackers raised pro-BJP slogans and others demanding Bundelkhand state.
They complained that the attackers arrived after former MP Ganga Charan Rajpur took time for them making a phone call to UPCC president Nirmal Khatri.
They asked the Governor to use his good offices in ensuring strict action against the attackers and lax policemen who arrived late despite repeated phone calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?