Congress has no guts, would have sent Narendra Modi to jail had I been in Delhi: Mamata
Berhampore: Mamata Banerjee on Friday attacked the Congress alleging it was `cocooned in fear` and did not have the guts to act against the BJP and said had she been in Delhi she would have sent Narendra Modi to jail.
"They (Congress) have no guts. It is a party cocooned in fear. They survive through understanding and play got-up matches and indulge in match-fixing. Not a single word against Narendra Modi. It (Congress) is in head over heels in love with Narendra Modi," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief, told an election rally here in Murshidabad district.
"Had I been in Delhi in place of Congress, I would have sent Narendra Modi to jail by tying a rope around his waist," she said hitting out again at the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate for his remark that illegal Bangladeshi immigrants would be sent packing after May 16.
"Had the Congress party initially exerted pressure on BJP, it would not have dared to talk so much now," Banerjee, the Chief Minister, said.
Stating that an impression was being created that Modi had already become the PM, she said "Before the birth of the child, the date of marriage that is of Modibabu, is fixed and also who would bride and bridegroom.
"It is due to the abetment of Congress and the CPI(M) The Congress will form the bridegroom`s retinue while the RSP will follow the bride," she said.
"The people will have a feast and you all be driven away from the country after May 16. Minority brothers and sisters have you not heard that you will be driven out after May 16?" Banerjee asked.
Taunting Modi she said "I tell you, get ready with your baggage. When counting is over people of Bengal will drive you out.
"I am in charge of the Ma, Mati Manush people`s government in Bengal. Even becoming PM he has no right bypassing the state government to take a decision. It is a law and order subject, it is not your subject," she said.
Asking the Gujarat Chief Minister to know the law and the country, she alleged that he was trying to divide Bengalis and non-Bengalis and speaking about driving out minorities and giving certificate of citizenship to the Matuas.
"What will you give? They are citizens for long," she said.
Pillorying the Congress, BJP and CPI(M) together she said "Congress supports corruption. The BJP stands for riots and CPI(M) has destroyed Bengal. The Congress and the CPI(M) are responsible for the rise of BJP."
She reiterated her claim that the Trinamool Congress would not only play a pivotal role in the formation of the government at the Centre, but would form the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly