Congress indulging in rhetoric to hush up its bad governance: BJP
New Delhi: BJP today accused the Congress of running a negative poll campaign aimed at stopping BJP from coming to power and said it will not allow the ruling party to divert the agenda in Lok Sabha elections from the issues confronting the nation and seek answers from it.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi asked the Congress not to divert attention from the real issues of development and good governance, while asking the ruling party to give its accountability and challenged it to list even 10 steps taken in public interest in the last ten years.
"Congress is distributing the lollipop of rhetoric for hushing up its bad governance and corruption. While we are saying defeat inflation, Congress is saying defeat Modi. We are saying remove corruption, they are saying remove BJP. Ours is a positive approach while Congress has a negative thinking.
"We want to clarify to the nation and the Congress that we will not let this poll drift away from the core issues and neither allow the Congress from running away from giving answers on account of its ten years of rule," Naqvi told reporters at a press conference.
Asking Congress leaders to talk on issues instead of making personal comments and recrimination, he said, Congress knows that there are many "skeletons of conspiracy and corruption in its fort of bad governance" and if they come out the party will be in a soup.
Naqvi compared the current situation with that prevailing in 1977 when the mood of the nation was against the Congress and people wanted to vent out their anger against it.
"This poll should be held on issues-based - on development and issues confronting the nation and not on communalism and secularism. Sonia Gandhi and other Congress leaders are indulging in personal attacks and are raking up the "expired formula" of communalism and secularism which the people of the country have rejected," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony