Congress trashes Yashwant`s offensive against Rahul
New Delhi: Dismissing Yashwant Sinha`s all-out offensive against Rahul Gandhi`s performance in Parliament, Congress on Monday said he was "deliberately restricting" to a particular statistic and making "wild allegations" as he wanted to stay relevant in BJP.
Sinha said Gandhi`s performance in Parliament during the last ten years has been abysmal and he has not raised any issue regarding Amethi in the House.
"All I can say is that I am not going to comment on statistics because the record is available there, documented for every MP. Perhaps Yashwant Sinha and BJP which make these wild allegations every time, forget the number, the kind and the deep and most comprehensive campaigns which political activist Rahul Gandhi has done, they do not count that as political work.
"They are deliberately restricting themselves to a particular statistic because they know very well that his field work has far outnumbered (such figures) and the field work includes absolutely new innovative and greatly beneficial programmes," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said at the AICC briefing here.
To another question about Sinha launching an attack on the Finance Minister, Singhvi said that Finance Minister P Chidambaram had given facts figures that have "hit (him) hard".
"Obviously Sinha is frustrated and angry having been proved completely wrong by the various facts and figures given by the Finance Minister from this very podium.
"You can always use words, you can always use adjectives, but as far as facts and conclusions are concerned, they can come only from Congress and not either from the BJP or Sinha," the Congress spokesperson insisted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race